Advertisement

Training of Armenian Secret Army fighter Megerdich Madarian (ASALA) 1983

Training of Armenian Secret Army fighter Megerdich Madarian (ASALA) 1983 June 1983. Beirut, Lebanon.

On June 16, 1983, in Constantinople (Istanbul), at the Grand Bazaar, an ASALA fighter armed with grenades and automatic weapons blew himself up, killing two turks and injured 21. He was 19 years old. The operation was named 'Hagop Hagopian'.

Three letters of Megerdich:

"My mother.
I have to leave you. I don't want you crying. Get on your knees and pray for me, then proudly raise your head, because even if an enemy bullet hits me, my right hand will not release a weapon until the very end, with my left hand I will raise the banner of victory...”

"Sister.
My humble, dear sister, the money I borrowed from you probably cannot be returned. I took your necklace, without warning you, to sell and buy myself documents and tickets. Forgive me…"

“There was no time to write to my girlfriend, although I wanted to write to her most of all.
My only one, I love you, but I confess that I love my Motherland more. If I die for the Motherland, know, I died for you too!”

1983

Post a Comment

0 Comments