Advertisement

How to tackle PASSIVE line array boxes (in the shop or in the field)?

How to tackle PASSIVE line array boxes (in the shop or in the field)? Evan in Moncton: I want to know how to tackle line array PASSIVE boxes. Example - Say I have an electro Voice X array 3 way top, I load the manufacturer settings into the dx38 DSP and fire up my amps. Is my first step to put a reference mic 1 meter away and line up all my drivers/components in an acoustically controlled environment (a Shop) OR do I take it out in the field and measure the 3 drivers from foh? I've tried doing the field approach and with several boxes a side it's hard to get a consistent reading.

Ground Plane Measurements -

Here's that link if you'd like to submit your own question for the Q&A -
_______________
Get Started with Sound System Tuning -
___
SOUND SYSTEM TUNING ONLINE COURSE -
___
Books on sound system tuning -
Podcast for live sound engineers -
___
Be friendly
Facebook -
Twitter -
LinkedIn -
___
I love to geek out about the physics of sound. This channel focuses on the growing opportunity for live sound engineers to improve their confidence and consistency through the understanding of the principles of sound system design and optimization. My goal is to make this channel upfront and honest about my success and failure, so you can learn from both.

I am always open to suggestions and feedback so please comment on this video or contact me through my site.

live sound,sound engineering,audio engineer,sound system optimization,sound system tuning,

Post a Comment

0 Comments