Advertisement

Plenty Youtube

Plenty Youtube Sometime in the mid-eighties I received a brochure from Food First, explaining the myths about hunger and asking me to contribute to working on the root cause.
I kept looking at the photo of the woman and her children on the front of the brochure. I was in my privileged North American middle-class life, with my healthy toddler growing and thriving - while another mother was struggling and did not have enough good food to feed her babies. This broke my heart.
So, I wrote this song from my heart to hers.
I recorded it and included it on my album, Peace of My Heart.
I've kept her photo all these years and now share it with you, along with my song so that one day we will live in a world of peace and plenty for everyone.
There is good news! In the time since I wrote this song, the number of people who are chronically hungry and malnourished has significantly diminished and yet the UN recently published a report stating that 11% of us are still not receiving enough food every day. This means that almost eight million of us are still hungry!
If you are interested in what Food First is still doing to eradicate world hunger, please go to

Plenty,Food First,Food First Institute,CarolAnn Barrows,Peace of My Heart,Hunger,

Post a Comment

0 Comments