Advertisement

Carp fishing: My Tackle Box Essentials & Best Hooks and Hooklinks

Carp fishing: My Tackle Box Essentials & Best Hooks and Hooklinks Here are the favourite tackle items that I always have in my tackle box for a carp fishing session. I'll explain why each one is essential and I'll go through my favourite hooks and hooklinks for different waters.

Over the years, I’ve done plenty of day sessions, quick overnighters as well as week sessions and I know it’s easy to get carried away and take every single tackle item you can think of - just in case. Nowadays, I have total faith in my setup and I need to take a lot less with me, and my tackle box is a lot smaller than it used to be!

In this video, I’m going to share the most important items in my tackle box. I have no affiliation to any brand so my recommendations are purely based on my fishing and experience as a fishery owner. I bought all the items featured in the video.

Number one in my tackle box is a good quality jeweller’s loupe (x10). The most important thing in carp fishing is a sharp hook and I use the loupe when I’m hand sharpening my hooks. If you don’t hand sharpen your hooks, use the loupe to inspect the hook before every cast.

In terms of hooks, my current favourites are the Nash Claws, the Drennan Boilie Continentals and the ESP Cryogens.

The next most important item in my tackle box is a good pair of scissors. There are plenty of carp brands to choose from and I’ve tried them all over the years. I’ve found that they just don’t last long enough. I’ve been using the Rappala scissors for about a year and they are the best carp fishing scissors I’ve ever had.

For hooklink, I’ve been using the Nash Skinlink in 25lb or 35lb which is very strong and very good for aggressive environments. I also like the Nash Armourlink which is very abrasion resistant.

I always have a baiting needle with me, my favourite one is from Gardner. It’s the most reliable and robust I’ve ever found. I also always have two rig pullers in my tackle box. They are essential for properly tying, tightening and testing my knots. I use a lighter as well to blob my knots.

And finally, I would never go fishing without carp antiseptic. I like the Nash Medicarp product because it sticks to the wound very well. You can also get gel-based betadine from a pharmacy.

Hope you enjoy the video.

Go to for more carp and catfish fishing stories and tips.

Beausoleil French Carp and Cats is an exclusive carp and catfish fishing holiday venue in Northern France where you can fish for big carp and monster catfish in your own private 4 acre fishing lake. With exclusive use of the lake and accommodation, this stunning fishing venue is perfect for couples, families and groups of 4 anglers.

For your next carp fishing holiday in France, visit:

carp fishing tackle,carp fishing setup,carp fishing,carp fishing hooks,carp hooks,tackle box,carp fishing tackle box,carp fishing tackle box setup,carp hooklink,tackle box essentials,

Post a Comment

0 Comments